From: Phillip Partipilo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 9:29 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: color printer???

The crayon printers? Those do put out fantastic color prints, but do
scratch.  I have always wondered if you could get away with putting
actual Crayola crayons into them, their sticks dont seem too far off
from them.

Terry Dickson wrote:
> I will admit repairs on a Xerox are expensive, however the maintenance
> contract is not that bad.  Well maybe compared to other printers it is
> little high, however compared to the cost of the actual repair it is
not
> too bad.  Our users like the visual appeal of the Solid Ink
Technology,
> and the fact that the supplies and consumables are much more
> environmentally friendly.  Based on that after having the first one
> repaired for a bad printhead and knowing that we did not have a cost
> estimate up front.  We could have replaced the printer for less than
the
> cost of the repair.  The next time we purchased the 3-year warranty.
> Now if there is a problem Xerox is on the hook, yes the cost was about
> half the cost of the printer if memory serves me correctly.  However
> since we have already had Xerox out to replace a failed board in the
> printer, due to inadequately cooling in the building, and knowing that
> the repair would have cost more than the warranty.  I call it good, we
> are about to have it worked on again as there are some minor problems
> that I want repaired before the warranty is up.
>
> My Opinion is if you choose to get a Xerox printer by all means
PURCHASE
> the warranty.  If you have problems you will want it.

http://www.onlymyemail.com/view/?action=reportSpam&Id=ODEzNjQ6NjAzNTExND
AzOnBqcEBwc25ldC5jb20%3D