I've partially answered my question.  Anonymous access is NOT disabled.
I found by typing the command

  net use \\servername\ipc$ /u:"" ""

by hand that the command succeeds.  I think the reason it failed before
was because I cut and pasted it from a web page and the page had the
open/close "" "" kinds of quotes instead of the standard "" "" quotes.

So, now the question is, how to shut down anonymous access since the
commands they suggest to shut it down don't work?

Net localgroup "Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access" anonymous /delete
Net localgroup "Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access" everyone /delete

I'm executing these commands on the DC while logged on as enterprise
admin.  Thanks for your help.

Curt Finley