I did go to ADUC.  The thing that was concerning me was the command they
said to use was

  Net localgroup ...

It would appear that this command modifies a local group.  Is the
"Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access" found in ADUC a local group?

The web page you directed me to appears to be for W2K.  Is that still
valid for W2k3?

Thanks for your help.

Curt