From: "Durf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Sent: 11/05/08 14:50
Subject: Re: Why XP is doomed

Yeah, I suspect so - I have a Thinkpad T60p with a Vista Experience score of
4.6 that was running like crap after having used it with the OEM install for
about six months and throwing about five different VPN clients at it.  After
picking up a new Dell Vostro 300 with a minimal config (Vista Experience =
3.5), doing a clean install of Vista SP1 integrated on it, and seeing how it
*flew* compared to the laptop, I redid the laptop, and now it performs
fine.  The desktop still seems subjectively a bit faster for everyday use,
though, which is odd as the scores are so divergent.

-- Durf