I see what you had on your system but from where I was at, Win 2k had 64 MB
of RAM we started our XP systems with 128 MB and rapidly moved that to 256.
Near the end of our installs for XP we were spec'ing systems with 1 GB of
RAM.  Yes Windows runs better with more RAM but not all companies would
purchase a lot to begin with.  Now it is easier, at least for me to simply
tell the powers that be we need to start at 2 GB and for very good
performance go to 4 GB with Vista.  Not a lot of questions are asked why.
Most of these staffers remember that most of the RAM above 64 MB in Win 98SE
was wasted now they can see the value of purchasing more but when Win 2k and
XP came out they would argue every penny and RAM was what they complained
about the most.

Jon