You can actually bind the mac to your AD by using the "directory"
program located in, i think, applications\utilities.  This way users can
login to the mac using AD username and automatically authenticate when
browsing to shares.  You can also setup entourage to use your owa
address in account setup.  I support quite a few macs in an AD environment.