Yes I did...

Once when the problem first started, once when giving the user a brand new
ntuser.dat file, once after an "install - repair", and again after the
post-purge attempt failed.

Last night, I saw your suggestion about removing Word start-up files. I'll
try that one on TUE.

Thanks...
Richard McClary, Systems Administrator
ASPCA Knowledge Management
1717 S Philo Rd, Ste 36, Urbana, IL  61802
217-337-9761
http://www.aspca.org