This reminds me of a situation about 30 years ago when I was in business
selling data terminal equipment. My business was in Chicago, and I had a
customer about 2 hours ride from Omaha. The customer had a lot of
electrical issues, and one enterprising lady used to unplug her terminal
on weekends to protect it from surges. She went on vacation and forgot
to tell someone that she unplugged the terminal. Come Monday, and I get
a call from the customer that their terminal is "dead". I didn't have a
technician anywhere near them, so it was agreed we'd "debug" over the
phone with their help. First we told them to check the fuse, and it was
OK. Then we asked if the terminal was plugged into the wall socket, and
it was. We were all at a loss, so they asked if I'd send a tech to fix
the terminal. I told them I'd have to fly a tech in from Chicago, and
they agreed to pay the airfare along with the rental car expense and our
service fee of $95. We sent the tech, and after he got there late in the
afternoon, he called to tell us that the electric cable was disconnected
at the terminal, but it was plugged into the wall. This was a terminal
with it's own built-in stand, and the electric cable was not hard wired,
but quick disconnect and connected UNDER the stand. The woman always
disconnected it at the terminal because it was too much trouble to
disconnect at the wall. The customer thanked us and paid the $800 plus
bill that we sent, with no questions asked. I hadn't thought about that
for about 30 years.

Thanks for the memories!!!!

Murray