That would be truly interesting if the issue was also related to the
display resolution.  In my case, my display resolution on each of my
systems that I have tested as being effected have had max'd
resolutions that were all beyond 1600x----

The issue stupefied me for the longest time, simply because I couldn't
image that IE7 issues would have any influence with right-click and
other in-application features.

But it did.  I confirmed it back and forth, by closing tabs and
reopening a single tab that caused IE7 to break this problem threshold
(including changing the sites of the tabs, the order, etc). I also
confirmed it on multiple systems at work and home.

Depending on the web page content, I've had the issue occur with as
little as 10 open tabs.  Mind you, the pages contained a lot of
thumbnails and/or AJAX objects.

IE7 has a repeatable issue with Gmail when it reaches a certain
threshold, and IE7's memory will skyrocket - consuming all available
memory until it crashes Windows or just crashes itself.

So when I see people blindly bitching about IE7 in forums, I imagine
they are issues centered around those I am illustrating here.  The
issues are not obvious to the cause, and were difficult to isolate
even to the relatively vague understanding that I have of them at this
point - which has only been accomplished by repeatedly observed
failures.

--
ME2