You rarely get more than you pay for at government offices.  Those that are
better than they are paid to be generally tend to be much better than they
need to be and actually care to do a good job.  The others tend to be jokes
waiting to happen.  This I have seen having worked for various State
agencies in Florida for the last 28 years.  On a scale of 1 to 50 with one
being the best paid state.  Florida ranks 51 or 52 in the list.  I have been
very lucky having worked with/for some of the best.  The current crop tend
to be way down the list and falling fast.

Jon