Yes you do...same article.

To prepare a Windows 2000 or Windows Server 2003 domain for Windows Server 2008

1.

Identify the domain infrastructure operations master role holder as follows:
*

In the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in, right-click the domain
object, click Operations Masters, and then click Infrastructure.

2.

Log on to the infrastructure master as a member of the Domain Admins group.

3.

Insert the Windows Server 2008 DVD into the CD or DVD drive. Copy the content
of the \sources\adprep folder to an Adprep folder on the infrastructure master.

4.

Open a command prompt, and then change directories to the Adprep folder.

5.

Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
adprep /domainprep /gpprep