From: Michael B. Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 8:56 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: My First 2008 Server

Three steps actually:

Adprep /forestprep
Adprep /domainprep
Adprep /domainprep /gpprep

At least, that's what I do.

Regards,

Michael B. Smith
MCITP:SA,EMA/MCSE/Exchange MVP
http://TheEssentialExchange.com

-----Original Message-----
From: John Hornbuckle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 8:52 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: My First 2008 Server

Woohoo! My new server arrived yesterday, and it'll be my first 2008
server in a domain/forest that currently has all 2003 machines. I'll
need to make it a DC, so I want to make sure I don't miss anything.

Looking at a couple of TechNet articles, it looks like I need to run
"adprep /forestprep" on the schema operations master and "adprep
/domainprep /gpprep" on the infrastructure operations master server.

Is that all?

John Hornbuckle
MIS Department
Taylor County School District