Perhaps having them back them up via the "Microsoft Personal Folder
Backup Tool"?

http://www.techmixer.com/backup-outlook-pst-files-using-microsoft-personal-folder-backup

It's basically a plug-in for Outlook that will prompt the user to back
up their pst file when they close outlook.  Although, if you're
reimaging PCs on a regular basis, then that might not help much..

Seth