From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 6:59 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: NetApp SAN For Virtualisation

We are doing exactly that with a pair of S500's.  My only advice on
those is stay away, go with the full Netapp FAS line or evaluate against
an EQ box.  The S500's just don't really do it for me, although most of
the features are there.  The performance is not quite what we were sold
it to be, but are currently in process of looking at upgrading them to
their big brothers and putting in some Riverbed to accelerate the
replication between the two sites with a lower bandwidth utilization.
My only beef is our inability to map to the secondary storage on our
remote S500 to pull files directly from it without having to break the
snapmirror.  An engineer is supposed to be calling me to discuss an
option on that though.