Your Windows Server 2008 Standard license should give you one physical and one
virtual license.

Cheers
Ken

From: Carl Houseman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 16 September 2008 8:37 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Standalone Hyper-V vs. 2008 Hyper-V

In this particular (small) environment, a copy of 2008 Enterprise is not
available.   Only one copy of Windows 2008 Standard is available.

My goal is to pick up and re-host any/all virtual servers, including the single
2008 server, to spare hardware within record time.

So I don't want to spend my only 2008 server license on a not-100%-virtual
Hyper-V host.  From this perspective, I would say that standalone Hyper-V makes
more sense.

Counterpoint?  Don't spend what I haven't got or promote features I don't need.

Carl