Gotta say that while I havent used my iPhone with Exchange, it was
pretty simple to set up with pop3.  Apple is starting to try to make
the thing more business-like - there is built-in support for VPN via
L2TP, PPTP, and IPSEC.  That tap-screen keyboard, a big complaint
amongst hardware keyboard people, you really start to get used to it.
I go ahead and let my errors fly since it can uncannily correct when
you hit the wrong letter and correctly auto-complete the word; I can
probably type just as fast on it by now as I used to with my old TyTN.