Hardware is a non issue. Take a look at my sysprep.inf to see how I do it:

http://www.optimumdata.net/phil/sysprep.inf

Because of the SysprepMassStorage section it does not matter if the
machine has SCSI drives, SAS drives, IDE drives, or SATA drives.

IMO the general rule of thumb for application installation should be:
applications are not ever put on the deployment image. That's what
software installation GPOs are for. I make an exception for IE7, a VNC
server, WMP, and .NET Framework.

The only thing I don't have an answer for is the localization settings
(keyboard, timezone).

--

Phil Brutsche
[EMAIL PROTECTED]