I ended up with a wipe and rebuild which took less time than doing it with
any of the tools available to us at the time.  FWIW, after manually removing
all the entries finding all the folders and DLL's Symantec put everywhere I
promised myself to never put another admin through that he77 by putting
anything Symantec on a machine.  I have seen viruii and trojans that were
easier to get rid of!

Jon