This is a recurring theme on the VIPRE forum.  Go to the Sunbelt forum
site and see if there is anything in the archives.  Numerous scripts, 3rd
party, and at least one Symantec app are discussed.
--------------------------------------
Richard McClary, Systems Administrator
ASPCA Knowledge Management
1717 S Philo Rd, Ste 36, Urbana, IL  61802
217-337-9761
http://www.aspca.org

"Holstrom, Don" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 10/04/2008 02:55:29 PM:

> We have been using Symantec products for servers & workstations for
> a couple of years now. Bought Vipre for the family/test network,
> seems to work fine. Certainly runs faster, less overhead. However,
> cannot get rid of Symantec 10.1 or 10.2. Checked the Symantec site
> and their manual uninstallation appears to take as long as wiping
> the hard disk and rebuilding that. I inquired with Sunbelt and they
> sent me a link to a Symantec automatic uninstaller, but that doesn’t
> work with 10.2 on Vista. Haven’t tried it on XP. Does it?
>
> So, we are protected at the test network by Vipre but a Symantec 30
> day outdated virus signature error message comes up all the time.
Annoying.