From: Micheal Espinola Jr [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 2:10 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Wattage Calculation

As I understand it, and I could be wrong  (as well as using incorrect
terminology), but I beleive what you have calculated is the maximum
possible draw in watts that could come from your system - but thats
not the same as the normal operational draw.

Many systems do not have a PSU that compensates for the maximum draw.

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 4:03 PM, Ralph Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Can anyone help me out and educate me on something?
>

> We are having some work done, and I was asked if I could supply the
total
> wattage for all the equipment in our server room.
>

> I thought I could use the specs from the tag on each item, take the
total
> number of amps, and multiply by 110 to get watts.
>

> What is throwing me off is that if I look one of our typical desktop
PCs it

--
ME2