From: Ralph Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 4:04 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Wattage Calculation

Can anyone help me out and educate me on something?

We are having some work done, and I was asked if I could supply the total
wattage for all the equipment in our server room.

I thought I could use the specs from the tag on each item, take the total
number of amps, and multiply by 110 to get watts.

What is throwing me off is that if I look one of our typical desktop PCs it
is 6.3 A at 110 volts, so it would be 693 watts.  The power supply is 300W
max, so something seems to be wrong with my thinking.

What would be the correct way to do this?

Thanks,

Ralph

Confidentiality Notice:

******************

This communication, including any attachments, may contain confidential
information and is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is
addressed. Any review, dissemination, or copying of this communication by
anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email, delete

  _____

If this email is spam, report it here:
http://www.OnlyMyEmail.com/ReportSpam
<http://www.onlymyemail.com/view/?action=reportSpam&Id=ODEzNjQ6NzczNDczODgwO