From: Webster [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2008 10:52 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: DC changing time?

From: Free, Bob [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The time service on the DC wouldn't accept an offset that big.

I worked a call back in August where the point-to-point T3 went down for
8 hrs.  When the link came back 1 DC on each side of the link each
changed their dates from 08/11/08 to 01/02/09.  Then 45 minutes later
reset back to 08/11/08.  On the west coast no one could then
authenticate to the network.  On the east coast, where the PDCE resided,
there were no issues.  Took Microsoft support many hours to fix that
network.

Webster

From: Joseph L. Casale [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Bad NTP Time source?
Enumerate and check them...

From: mqcarp [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: DC changing time?

We had a weird issue where apparently a DC rolled back exactly one day
in time (6:30PM Monday became 6:30PM Sunday). This wreaked havoc on
policy issues. All I can see in the event logs is the change in policy
where it was denying log ins all of a sudden. The DC time was updated
and we are back on track but I can not see what would cause something
like this. No one was at the office in IT when this occurred. The only
thing odd was an admin had left himself logged into the server at the
end of the day. Has anyone seen this before?

AD 2003 2003 Server Standard