Can we all come work for you? :)

Phil
From: Devin Meade [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:56 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: So... how is the recession affecting your buying decisions?

We are commercial architecture and enginnering firm.  We are pretty
diversified.  We do a LOT of military and govt jobs at many levels, some
educational work.  We are hiring left and right.  We expanded our facilities a
year ago - added about 30 cubicles and they are almost full now.  Total around
120 to 130 employees at any time.  Next Tuesday may change the govt landscape,
about a year out from now, but we have plenty of work in the pipeline.  We
purchased about 90 high end workstations/laptops in Jan of this year.  We
upgraded the whole shebang to AutoCAD/Revit 2009 suite which aint cheap.  Then
we bought a few licenses of microstation v9(?).  Then upgraded a bunch of
engineering apps for Vista (that was fun).  We will prob replace most of our
real servers this year (5 PowerEdge's 29xx and 28xx's) and move to Exch 2007 on
VMWare ESX if I have my say.  I am pretty much able to ask for anything and get
it within reason, and to ring my own bell thats because I only ask for things
that we can use.  Heck last year I asked for double take for our main file
server and got it approved in minutes.  Never had to use it though.  If I want
I could show up at 5AM and leave at 10PM.  If anyone knows any experienced
project manager types that could move to Oklahoma, email me off list (I get a
bonus if you hire on!).  Over and out.
-Devin
On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 9:19 AM, Alex Eckelberry <[EMAIL