I too am at a University and we lost 15% of the budget last year and another
15% on top of last years cut so far this year.  I have been told and just
came out of a meeting that unless it is broken it ain't getting fixed.  I
will only get my AV purchased this year without a fight.  Every other penny
is going to be a major fight to get.

Jon