I'm reading the Acronis manual, and came up with a question. I actually got an answer from their tech support chat line just now, at 10PM Eastern. I asked if you create a SecureZone partition and then do a backup of the full disk to DVDs, does that backup include the SecureZone? I don't see anyplace in the manual saying it's excluded. The answer is that you can choose to exclude it. It's not excluded automatically. That's important to remember.

I'm DEFINITELY going to test it this weekend! And Webster, thanks for that technique to buy it for $35. I can make good use of that money.

Steve

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Wright" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 9:22 AM
Subject: RE: backup for vista

The initial page indicates version 11 but when you click through for the
discount it takes you to a page to download the new version, 2009.

I've tested several restores from my backups, from individual files to
complete folders and all have been good.  I think the most I restored
was a 1 GB folder of JPGs and they were fine.  I like the "set and
forget" aspect so that my differentials take place without intervention.

Roger Wright
Network Administrator
Evatone, Inc.
727.572.7076  x388