I'd rather have them cap the week with some instruction or a demo.
They might or might not ponder it over the weekend - I hope they do -
but it's certainly *not* assigned homework. And, I'd rather they fit
the work on the demo or instruction into their weekly work, rather
than do it over the weekend before a Monday presentation.

The Friday meeting is also used to plan time off, projects for the
next week, etc.

The meetings are prospective, on retrospective, and as such, I find it
more useful to hold them on Friday, rather than trying to do them on
Mondays, which are always busy.

Kurt