On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 8:46 PM, Angus Scott-Fleming
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If I'm storing anything remotely, especially for business, is
> HAS to be encrypted, with the key only in my hands.

  Indeed.  I would further insist that *I* provide the encryption.  In
other words, I'd only back up my already-encrypted files.  Given that,
it doesn't really matter whether the backup provider does their own
encryption, or not.

  Of course, if someone is willing to put blind trust in someone
else's "Yah it's secure, we use quadruple ROT encryption" marketing
claims, I guess it's a different story.  :)

-- Ben