Ah, finally, a reply - thanks!

>From my (IL) network, an NYC DomainAdmin opens a remote session on an NYC
DomainController.

We then did just as Microsoft (and you) said - the Properties tab of the
NYC domain's AD D&T tool.

At the moment, the Big Boss says to back off creating the trust until he
can have some consultants around to hold our hands, so the next attempt
will be several weeks from now.

Whatever, though, should both domains have started off with a DNS A record
pointing to each other's domains?  It seems to be obvious, the the MS "How
to..." neglected that.

Thanks again!
--------------------------------------
Richard McClary, Systems Administrator
ASPCA Knowledge Management
1717 S Philo Rd, Ste 36, Urbana, IL  61802
217-337-9761
http://www.aspca.org

"Ben Scott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 11/12/2008 10:38:59 PM:

> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 1:59 PM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > ANYWAY, the help file says to select "External Trust" for trust type.
We
> > seem to have no such option - only "Realm trust" or "Trust with a
Windows