On 1 Dec 2008 at 10:52, Chyka, Robert  wrote:

> Yeah I'm not a big Sony fan..  Their laptops seem to under perform for
> the specs on them...  the new X300 and X200 Lenovos are real nice...and
> light..

+1 here.  I had a client whose home Sony VAIO desktop got infected, and Sony
would not provide restore media at ANY price.  They also did not have any
downloadable drivers for his hardware, so the machine ended up on the scrap
heap because of the lack of support from Sony.

I can still download drivers for my ancient IBM laptops from Lenovo's site,
they get my vote for any laptop recommendation.

--
Angus Scott-Fleming
GeoApps, Tucson, Arizona