Alex,

I would go back to CRAB03SVR-2 and try to find the process that is running
about every 90 minutes.  Could it be a GPO refresh and the computer password
is out of sync?  Did richc setup any processes to check CRAB03SVR or any
other networked computer that they would need to authenticate to CRAB03SVR
to connect to that they are running from CRAB03SVR-2.  Take your next pass
guess at the time you think the alert will happen again and setup some
monitoring.  You can use filemon, "netstat –o".   I would guess there will
be some network connection to CRAB03SVR from CRAB03SVR-2.  "netstat –o" will
show the process ID which you can then use to see the process in task
manager.  This of course can be cumbersome if there are a lot of network
connections to begin with from CRAB03SVR-2.  Once you run the monitor and if
you think you caught a change or a new process running check the logs and
see if an event was generated and bingo you have the process.

Some thoughts, a log parser, file sync/replication.  Anything that is
automated from CRAB03SVR-2.

If not you can try these....

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811082

http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/Windows/microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs/2008-05/msg01841.html