We've done fairly extensive testing of Exchange, SQL Server and MS CRM on
Hyper-V. This is with Netapp SANs and Sun's X4600 (8 dual core CPUs, 96 GB of
RAM), X6250 and X6220 boxes. For Exchange, we simulated 10k, 20k and 50k
mailbox configurations (with up to 1TB of storage) using Jetstress and IOMeter.
For CRM we tested a 3 tier configuration with 6000 users etc. This took about
3-4 months of testing to produce. I believe we have a whitepaper coming out
soon (if not already) - I'll have a look for it when I get back from holidays.
The difference between native hardware and Hyper-V can be only 10-20% or so.
ESX isn't going to give you noticeably better raw performance. Where ESX has
the advantage is the extra functionality (like VMotion).

Cheers
Ken