"Eric Wittersheim" <eric.wittersh...@gmail.com> wrote on 12/17/2008
10:27:55 AM:

> Thanks to everyone who replied.  Not being a Mac user at all I am a
> bit blown away that you can't have a legal copy of their OS running
> on hardware that is not Apple.  I see the point but it still makes
> more sense to me to let people buy your OS and run it on different
> hardware.  More exposure in my mind.

Yes, but Apple is all about total control - if you limit the OS to only
running hardware you produce, then you absolutely know that it is
*guaranteed* to work with any hardware your customer owns, and you can
spend your software time and resources in other directions, rather than
finding ways to make it run on any hardware ever invented (which is part
of MS's problem).

That's the theory, as I see it, anyway.

<jcas...@activenetwerx.com