The fact that I can run Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, and Illustrator
at the same time makes ME feel like it's more optimized.  I can also
run Firefox with 15-20 tabs open at all times, plus my mail client, my
FTP client, some utility apps, a chat program, etc.  All at the same
time.  Never even a slight hesitation in performance of any kind.  I
can barely run DW and PS together on my PC.

I LIKE PCs.  Like the majority of us here, I make my money ON and WITH
PCs.  For my network administration stuff, I use an IBM ThinkPad
running Vista.  I even defend Vista.  I don't have a fraction of the
problems the masses like to report.  It's a decent OS, in MY opinion.

BUT, I enjoy the Mac experience a great deal more.  Physics aside,
yes, I do think the Mac "moves 1s and 0s" around faster.  If you want
me to say it, I'll say it.  I PREFER the Mac experience to my Windows
experience because of it's performance.

How is my defense of Macs, saying their optimized, less accurate than
the statement that they're simply generic white boxes?

And I didn't realize Mac was the only OS burdened with updates.  I
could have sworn I've had to run updates on my PC once or twice in the
past.

Eric Brouwer
IT Manager
www.forestpost.com