On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Phillip Partipilo <p...@psnet.com> wrote:
> Yeah Office on the Mac runs like utter crap.  You'd almost think MS
> was using some kind of bloated virtual machine wasting CPU cycles to make
> their code work on that platform.

  I know back in the days Office 95 for the Mac, that was almost true:
While the app was recompiled for the Motorola CPUs, they used some
kind of Windows emulation framework thing to avoid having to do a full
source code port.  Not only was it slow and a memory hog, the UI
didn't match anything else on the Mac.  Yuck.

-- Ben