Better not let your girlfriend think you're advocating an idea of other
people trying to find out what mileage they get :))
Regards,
Paul

Paul Muhlbach, A+, CNA, MCSE, MCT
APM Computer Services
Lethbridge, AB

>>> "James Rankin" <kz2...@googlemail.com> 12/18/2008 7:16 AM >>>
Guess we are all Mac or PC then. kinda like Elvis or Beatles.
Schwarzenegger
or Stallone. Newcastle or Sunderland. On and on it can go.

Or it's like girlfriends. I think mine is great, but only because I
have had
time to explore her feature set and ignore all her little foibles.
other
people's mileage would probably vary  :-)

2008/12/18 TJ <iwebfor...@gmail.com>

> *
>>
>> The fact that I can run Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, and
Illustrator at
>> the same time makes ME feel like it's more optimized.  I can also
run
>> Firefox with 15-20 tabs open at all times, plus my mail client, my
FTP

<er...@forestpost.com>wrote:

>> The fact that I can run Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, and
Illustrator at
>> the same time makes ME feel like it's more optimized.  I can also
run
>> Firefox with 15-20 tabs open at all times, plus my mail client, my
FTP
>> client, some utility apps, a chat program, etc.  All at the same
time.
>>  Never even a slight hesitation in performance of any kind.  I can
barely
>> run DW and PS together on my PC.
>> I LIKE PCs.  Like the majority of us here, I make my money ON and
WITH
>> PCs.  For my network administration stuff, I use an IBM ThinkPad
running
>> Vista.  I even defend Vista.  I don't have a fraction of the
problems the
>> masses like to report.  It's a decent OS, in MY opinion.
>>
>> BUT, I enjoy the Mac experience a great deal more.  Physics aside,
yes, I
>> do think the Mac "moves 1s and 0s" around faster.  If you want me to
say it,
>> I'll say it.  I PREFER the Mac experience to my Windows experience
because
>> of it's performance.
>>
>> How is my defense of Macs, saying their optimized, less accurate
than the
>> statement that they're simply generic white boxes?
>>
>> And I didn't realize Mac was the only OS burdened with updates.  I
could
>> have sworn I've had to run updates on my PC once or twice in the
past.

>>  On Dec 18, 2008, at 8:30 AM, Ken Schaefer wrote:
>>
>>   OK – let's get back to basics here. Unless you believe in the
Jobs RDF,
>> then Macs still obey basic laws of physics. They don't move 1s and
0s around
>> any faster than other electronic devices. They use the same graphics
cards,
>> hard drives, memory, LCD displays, CPUs and chipsets and so on that
are
>> available in every other brand. The design might be good, but I
don't see
>> what they have over similarly priced competitors (even Dell's
getting into
>> decently looking hardware these days).
>>
>> So, please explain, in some more detail, what exactly you find
>> "optimised"? I have two Macs here at home (just for my own use), and
plenty
>> of others I come into contact with. I can't say I've seen anything
>> spectacular about them (except that I need to install 100MB of
updates each
>> month).
>>
>> There's one thing to say "I prefer the way the OS works – it suits
the way
>> I think". It's another thing to say that an OS magically gets more
Hz out of