From: Bill Monicher [mailto:bmacd5...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 12:17 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: File share

I don't know what VPN system you are using, or have looked at, but we are
using a Cisco VPN.  Only domain members can connect using it.  If you try to
install the client on your home PC, then is tries to authenticate the
computer agains the domain, which fails.

The national network people set up a category for suppliers/contractors that
does not do this, but you don't need to.

>From what I've seen VPNs provide MORE secure than any other option, not
less.  Under our setup, when I connect my laptop using VPN, my home network
disappears, so I CANNOT transmit malware directly from my home network to
their network.  Well, can't while connected to VPN anyway :)

Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the client available right now, so
can't tell you version, but if you are interested, email me off-list

--BM