You're talking about 2 different kinds of mirroring.

The first kind is a software RAID1; this is not available in desktop
editions of Windows unless you use a hardware RAID card. You do it in
Server 2003 the exactly the same way you do it in 2000 Server. Server
2008 is pretty similar.

The second kind is replicating data on one drive to another on a
different computer. This is not RAID1. There are many utilities that
will perform such synchronization. "robocopy" from the Windows Server
2003 resource kit is one such tool and does a very very good job.

--

Phil Brutsche
p...@optimumdata.com