We are deploying it here to a few users.

I'm using group policy to turn off being a supernode, downloads,
listening on tcp ports, and 3rd party access to the Skype API.

Our security folks reviewed it and are happy.

From: Tim Evans [mailto:tev...@sparling.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 11:01 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Skype

Has anyone looked at Skype recently?  We've got a client that wants us
to use Skype for communications with them. I've always been a little
leery of using them in a business environment, but looking at it now, I
see they have a MSI download for easy deployment and a group policy
template for central administration of settings. It all looks pretty
cool. While the security guy in me wants to say no, I'm having a hard
time finding a reason not to say OK.

I'm curious what the members of this esteemed group think about it

...Tim