TeamViewer is my personal choice, we trialled it for supporting home users
and is very good performance wise, considering most home users here in
Ireland would only have 1Mb DSL.
The only reason we stopped is because they IT Manager won't yet sign off
the PO to purchase it for commercial use.

The handiest feature was the fact that nothing had to be installed by the
user, and if you got disconnected as long as the client was still running
you could just connect back in again.
when your done, you just tell the user to close the app and that's it,
gone, no way to connect back in again until the next time they have a
problem and run it from the website.

The File Transfer is also a handy feature now and again.  It can also
create a VPN if it's installed as a service, but have no need to try it.

I use it almost daily to connect to my PC at home, which I think/hope
falls under the personal use category.

We used to use CrossLoop, but found it very temperamental, it would
disconnect at the thought of anything and you had to get the user to
reconnect before you could connect back in again.

Regards

Tony Patton
Desktop Operations Cavan
Ext 8078
Direct Dial 049 435 2878
email: tony.pat...@quinn-insurance.com

"Roger Wright" <rwri...@evatone.com>
21/01/2009 22:51
Please respond to
"NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>

"NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
cc

Subject
RE: One time FREE screen sharing software?

TeamViewer is the best choice for non-commercial on-demand connections,
and the QuickSupport client is customizable and installs nothing on the
client machine.

Ammyy Admin is a free alternative that works much the same way: no client
installation required and it?s very tiny.  It?s not a slick as TV but is
completely free.

http://ammyy.com/en/admin_features.html

Roger Wright
Network Administrator