Nice to see someone on this list who hails from the land of my childhood years.
First time I ever heard someone mention that they were in Ireland.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tony Patton
  To: NT System Admin Issues
  Cc: NT System Admin Issues
  Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2009 5:40 AM
  Subject: RE: One time FREE screen sharing software?

  TeamViewer is my personal choice, we trialled it for supporting home users
and is very good performance wise, considering most home users here in Ireland
would only have 1Mb DSL.
  The only reason we stopped is because they IT Manager won't yet sign off the
PO to purchase it for commercial use.

  The handiest feature was the fact that nothing had to be installed by the
user, and if you got disconnected as long as the client was still running you
could just connect back in again.
  when your done, you just tell the user to close the app and that's it, gone,
no way to connect back in again until the next time they have a problem and run
it from the website.

  The File Transfer is also a handy feature now and again.  It can also create
a VPN if it's installed as a service, but have no need to try it.

  I use it almost daily to connect to my PC at home, which I think/hope falls
under the personal use category.

  We used to use CrossLoop, but found it very temperamental, it would
disconnect at the thought of anything and you had to get the user to reconnect
before you could connect back in again.

  Regards

  Tony Patton
  Desktop Operations Cavan
  Ext 8078
  Direct Dial 049 435 2878
  email: tony.pat...@quinn-insurance.com

        "Roger Wright" <rwri...@evatone.com>
        21/01/2009 22:51 Please respond to
              "NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>

       To "NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
              cc
              Subject RE: One time FREE screen sharing software?

  TeamViewer is the best choice for non-commercial on-demand connections, and
the QuickSupport client is customizable and installs nothing on the client
machine.

  Ammyy Admin is a free alternative that works much the same way: no client
installation required and it's very tiny.  It's not a slick as TV but is
completely free.

  http://ammyy.com/en/admin_features.html

  Roger Wright
  Network Administrator