I don't know if I would go that route, just on a basis of CPU "horsepower".

Most of the options I listed have either hardware cryptographic
accelerators or enough horsepower to do it in software.

The Linksys WRT54G(L) boxes have very, very weak CPUs and do not possess
the necessary hardware acceleration.

--

Phil Brutsche
p...@optimumdata.com