From: Matthew W. Ross [mailto:mr...@ephrataschools.org]
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 6:33 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Site to Site VPN... What works?

Greetings List,

I've got a small lab of computers offsite. I want to be able to access
them for support from HQ. While dail-in style VPN works okay, I'm
thinking of getting a real site-to-site network solution working. I do
want all traffic between the two sites encrypted,

I've looked at IPSec and OpenVPN. For our situation, neither worked
well. So, I figured I'd ask the list:

What is a good Site to Site VPN solution?

Qualifications we're looking for (In order of importance):

1. Cheap, as in less than $1000.
2. Easy to use. Somebody with basic routing knowledge should be able to
configure it.
3. Reliable. Works well with all kinds of traffic. Doesn't drop
connections often, maybe tries to re-establish when connection is lost.
SMB shares over the VPN work well. Maybe even a VOIP user or two...

Anybody know of anything that can do these?

How about any 2 out of the 3?

Let me know what did work for you and what did not. Thanks!

--Matt Ross
Ephrata School District

***Teletronics Technology Corporation***
This e-mail is confidential and may also be privileged.  If you are not the
addressee or authorized by the addressee to receive this e-mail, you may not
disclose, copy, distribute, or use this e-mail. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail or by
telephone at 267-352-2020 and destroy this message and any copies.  Thank you.