On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Michael Ross <mr...@itwif.com> wrote:
> I dunno why.. but I disagree with statement touting that firefox is the top
> dog to work with or use..

  Okay, I'll bite... :)  It's been a long week; this will be refreshing... :)

  I like Firefox better.  It's faster and more flexible.  Firefox
tends to work they way I want.  I can make it do what I want more
easily.  There are more useful extensions for Firefox

  Firefox works on all my computers, not just XP and Vista.  Yes, we
still have Win 2000 in production at work.  I've got Linux at home and
on my laptop.  Firefox runs everywhere..

  Extensions to MSIE, like IE7Pro, let IE catch up to Firefox in many
ways, but Firefox has been doing more of what I want "out of the box"
for years and years, when MSFT was still leaving us languishing with
MSIE 6.  Why should I go through the pain and effort of switching back
now?

  The development community responds better and faster than Microsoft.
 See above.

  In practice, I think Firefox is more secure than MSIE.  Web
developers wanting to target MSIE are encouraged to use ActiveX, and
downloading native machine code over the Internet into a browser is
horrible idea and always was.  NoScript blocks even JavaScript-based
attacks.  Permit Cookies lets me manage cookie permission easily.

  The fact that some sites *still* don't work right with anything but
MSIE 6, and the fact that Microsoft *still( makes it unreasonably hard
to run multiple versions of their browser, means that I can't even
really try seriously newer releases.  With Firefox, I can simply
install to a different directory.  It takes all of five seconds.

>  I have zero issues using IE7 ...
> Zero.. EXCEPT ...

  "That word you keep using.  I do not think it means what you think
it means."  :)

> as far at the memory issue.. ehhhh I just reboot and in 1.5
> minutes ...

  Another thing I like about Firefox is that, since it hasn't been
shoved into the OS core in an attempt to stifle competition (see
Findings of Fact, US v. MSFT, 5 Nov 1999), I can easily shutdown,
kill, and/or upgrade the browser without having to reboot my *entire
computer*.

-- Ben