No browser should be able to download anything if you are running it as
a Domain Admin J

From: richardmccl...@aspca.org [mailto:richardmccl...@aspca.org]
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 7:38 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: IE 8 today

Hope you never get this issue...

No browser is allowed to download anything - even if you are running as
a domain admin.  As PDF files need to be downloaded and then opened by
the add-in, this means they cannot be read.  It also hoses MS Update as
those are files downloaded and installed.

It does not matter what browser you are using.  All (IE7, FF, Chrome,
and Opera) will give an error box stating that the security settings
forbid downloading from that site (even your own internal web servers).

So far, the only fix we've found is to get a copy of the IE7 installer
on portable media and to re-install it on the afflicted machine.  (One
can install it from a network share, provided no browser is used to
access the share.)
--
Richard D. McClary
Systems Administrator, Information Technology Group

ASPCA(r)
1717 S. Philo Rd, Ste 36
Urbana, IL  61802

richardmccl...@aspca.org

P: 217-337-9761
C: 217-417-1182
F: 217-337-9761
www.aspca.org <http://www.aspca.org/>

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is
from The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals(r)
(ASPCA(r)) and is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein
and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If
you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of the
contents of this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
immediately notify me by reply email and permanently delete the original
and any copy of this e-mail and any printout thereof.