On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 10:53 AM, David Lum <david....@nwea.org> wrote:
> Good point, unlikely if affects all browsers but depending on how that
> security is implemented under the hood ...

  I know Firefox 3.x introduced a feature where it honors certain
settings from the MSIE "Internet Options" control panel, including the
"Allow file downloads" setting.  Not everybody was thrilled with this;
I think the plan was to create an "about:config" setting to cause
Firefox to go back to ignoring MSIE settings.

  I think I *might* have read in the bug report that Opera also honors
these settings, but that might be a bogus memory on my part.  (I gotta
get myself an ECC brain.)

-- Ben