I am doing some major AD restructuring for our org - I am finding dozens of
Universal security groups that are really distribution lists. Do I gain
anything by changing these to the distribution group type? I understand that if
I do that they cannot be assigned to DACL's (and if they are currently assigned
to them this will break that), but if they are purely distribution lists what
am I gaining other than it "feels right"?

Prior to my working on this, I know AD groups were created at whatever level
"just worked" and didn't follow a best practice (most of their AD groups - both
security and distribution, are Universal for this reason, GGRRRR).
David Lum // SYSTEMS ENGINEER
NORTHWEST EVALUATION ASSOCIATION
(Desk) 971.222.1025 // (Cell) 503.267.9764