I use the following to query individual servers. It might help get you
started.....

- Sean

=========
'
on error resume next
strComputer=InputBox ("Enter the server name")
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")

Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from
Win32_OperatingSystem")
For Each objItem in colItems
    If InStr(objItem.OtherTypeDescription, "R2") Then
        WScript.Echo "This computer is running Windows Server 2003 R2."
    Else
        WScript.Echo "This computer is not running Windows Server 2003 R2."
    End If
Next
'
=========