Drobos do not accept SCSI drives. I don't know what you actually bought, but if
you paid SCSI or SAS prices then you got ripped off.

Cheers
Ken

From: Linda C Jones [mailto:linda.jone...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 19 May 2009 12:01 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Drobo Pro

I think, BTW, if anyone is considering any type of Drobo, take a look at the
SCSI drives therein. We opted not to take the inexpensive drives sold with the
Drobo, but to purchase more robust drives, since the things would be used as
backup for servers. It doesn't cost that much more. Of course, the big plus for
Drobos is that you can replace a failed drive on the fly and it will
automatically rebuild, but that didn't seem to me to justify less reliable
drives.

Linda

Eric E Eskam wrote:

Linda C Jones <linda.jone...@gmail.com><mailto:linda.jone...@gmail.com> wrote
on 05/17/2009 09:38:48 PM:

> Using the plain old Drobos for backup in a couple of cases. They are
> quite simple to use -- meant for end-users.

Yup, I have one of the four slot units at home to keep all my photography and
video on and I love it.

The pro is eight slots and it supports iSCSI.  Seems like a perfect external
array for a small business environment - especially if I can boot off of it.  I
hate direct attached storage - our iSCSI SAN has me spoiled :)