I got curious after sending the last message that I tried a few things.

Here's the original test server with three SATA drives.

Drive 1 for host running Server 2008 Hyper-V.

Drive 2 for SBS2008 virtual.

Drive 3 for Server 2008 virtual.

Added N5200 Pro and configured for iSCSI.

In virtual SBS2008 use iSCSI initiator and connected to the N5200 as
additional storage.

In virtual Server2008 use iSCSI initiator and connected to the N5200 as
additional storage.

Both virtual servers see extra storage.

Yesterday configured host server to use the N5200 via iSCSI, created vhd on
the N5200 and installed Server 2008 to that vhd on the N5200. Used host
Hyper-V Manager to configure settings for new virtual server and then told
it to start the VM. VM started without a problem.

I have the three VMs configured to start at 5 minute intervals. Next step is
to power off the server and start it back up to simulate a long power
failure and see if all three start.

No I haven't done any speed tests yet. Figured I would try to get everything
setup and working and then do some of the other tests.

The only forum I looked at was the Thecus forum listed on their web site.
Answered a couple of questions I had by reading there.

I admit I didn't look around much to compare what else was out there. I was
looking for something with a little more to offer customers, a chance to
experiment with iSCSI some without spending too much and it had to work with
Server 2008. A few I looked at didn't have 2008 support yet or it was only
in the more expensive stuff. I'll have to look at the Drobo stuff.

Art