*
        I can understand that some people like a physical keyboard,
regardless of whether it is more usable or not.  If you are doing lots
of emails (which is so 90's, :), then fine.  I don't happen to find the
virtual keyboard to be a problem at all.  It works great if you learn to
trust it, and I just don't need to type that much anyway.  I helped
setup the BlackBerry's in our office, and I found the simple act of
dialing a phone number to be nearly impossible on those keys and I
couldn't imagine actually typing on it. YMMV.
*
        As has been mentioned before, encryption is added in 3.0
(http://www.apple.com/iphone/iphone-3gs/more-features.html).
*
        While I don't doubt what you say about costs, I am curious as to
what plans that are out there that offer unlimited data + voice for $35.
(Or $30, my plan is $60 a month.)
*
        There are whole markets cropping up for industry specific apps,
most notably in the medical field.
*
        Again, I don't know all the details, but there absolutely are
tools for IT management.  How thorough it is, I don't know.  But
"complete lack of" is not accurate.
*
        As has been mentioned many times, remote wipe is there and has
been there since 2.0.  In other words, it's been available for about a
year.